I've learned that anyone who goes on a safari hopes to catch sight of some lions. Watching lions under the cover of darkness, as they chase off a hyena in it attempt to steal their fresh kill, now that is what I call a lucky moment! Here is a video of just what we saw as my new friends and I waited, in the dark, on the outskirts of a thicket of trees at Madikwe Game Park. Johnny, our driver, had tracked three lions and brought us, just as the sun sank below the horizon, to the spot where they had dragged and partially eaten a wildebeest. My heart raced, and I couldn't stop the smile from spreading across my face as we witnessed this moment, sitting less than a hundred feet away in an open jeep...
(beware: the quality of this movie is not even close to oscar worthy, but it is pretty exciting!)
No comments:
Post a Comment