Sunday, June 26, 2011

Less Than A Month To Go

Today is June 26th, which means that one month from today I will be arriving in Johannesburg. Ahhhh! My flight is scheduled to leave Boston at 6am on Monday the 25th. Just under 30 hours later, I will begin my new life in South Africa.
I am in Martha's Vineyard right now with Katie G, Rich, and Danielle. I am having a wonderful time relaxing and hanging out in my comfort zone - with friends, on the water, and surrounded by things I know. Thinking about the fact that I will be in a whole new world in less than one month makes me very anxious. I am excited, and I am looking forward to what is to come, but the anticipation is giving me lots to think about. In some ways I want this month to fly by so I can just begin this journey, but in the same breath, I want each and every one of the next 29 days to crawl - allowing me to savor every bit of my comfort and familiar ways. In the end, whether time flies or crawls, I know this is the right decision, and I know I will be a better person because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment